Friday, February 6, 2009

POST OP!!! The dreaded day 3!

No matter how much you think you are ready, there is no preparation for what this feels like. I am 2 days out of the hospital and man, am I swollen! I am wired shut with a splint in.....and...I had a lingual frenectomy. I have a lot of stuff going on--so many wires going in and out of my teeth and jaws. I have some feeling in my face, but very little. Drinking is a chore, but it is my only source of nutrition. The meds are overly sweet and gross. I am currently on Children’s Motrin and Amoxicillin for swelling. I am also taking Afrin twice a day and saline spray as needed. The schedule is slowly panning out, as it takes me forever to eat a meal and they all seem to run together. I am amazed at what I see in the mirror, I didn’t know my face could swell that much! I know that it gets better, but it’s hard to keep yourself in that mindset.
My boyfriend is being a sweetheart, telling me that I’m beautiful, even though I can’t stand to look at myself right now. I have basically been on my own since I left the hospital because everyone is working. I left the hospital the following day because I couldn’t stand being strapped in and out of that IV to go to the restroom. Anyway, I’m kind of all over the place, I know, but just wanted to give all of you an update. I am doing okay, just taking things day by day. That’s the best advice I can give: take things day by day.

No comments: